We believe that children learn best when the curriculum is built on inspirational learning activities and high-quality teaching. All teaching staff are part of a Teaching and Learning focus group and are responsible for the development of the curriculum throughout the school.
In addition to the more academic subjects, we strive to:
- Use our extensive grounds to enrich learning. We are currently introducing the ‘Forest Schools’ approach.
- Provide musical opportunities for free to all pupils as they pass through the school.
- Provide sporting opportunities. Our pupils participate in swimming lessons at the local swimming pool. We use ‘Inspire’ coaches to enhance the teaching of PE, who also run daily lunchtime activities. We also play competitive sports matches against other local schools.
- Provide clubs to enrich learning. The school runs a variety of different clubs over the course of the year ranging from traditional sports such as football and netball to other sports such as Judo. We also have a daily Friendship/Nuture club, a drama club which has performed at the Wolsey theatre, a dance club as well as lunchtime sports coaching.
- All year groups take part in planned educational visits linked to their topics. Year 6 enjoy a week long residential visit each November.
The school follows the National Curriculum which you can view by following this link.